EAP Counselling for Small Businesses and Charities UK
An Employee assistance program (EAP) is an employee benefit that provides your staff support and practical advice on issues that might be impacting their well-being and performance.
An EAP can include telephone or online counselling and support on both personal and work-related issues, with the aim of increasing staff wellbeing and productivity, as well as reducing absence from work.
Can you relate to this?
- Do you, as a small business, have problems with your staff taking time off work due to Stress, Anxiety, and Depression?
- Do you have employees that are struggling with their mental health at work
- Maybe you know that they have had a difficult past or have problems with their parents.
- Maybe you know that your employee does not have the finances for therapy and finds the waiting lists through the NHS too long.
- You could see that their mental health affects their work and how they respond in certain situations.
- Or you suspect that as a result of their trauma they are misusing substances or gambling excessively.
The Mental Health statistics
That’s why news from the Mental Health Organisation that one in six people experience the symptoms of a mental health problem in any given week is cause for concern. As is the Investors in People report that the cost of poor mental health is costing employers between £33 and £42 billion each year.
Small or Medium sized businesses account for 99.5% of the businesses in every main industry sector, which can only mean they must be the ones bearing the brunt.
According to the Mental Health Foundation, “12.7% of all sickness absence days in the UK can be attributed to mental health conditions”.
EAP is not just for big companies and organisations. Supporting mental well-being is important for any business, regardless of size.
We specifically target and support companies and organisations with less than ten employees. As we provide only on-line counselling, this not only keeps costs down but your Employees can contact us from anywhere they are.
Affordably priced, EAP is a benefit that pays dividends. It can aid in lowering turnover and absenteeism from mental health and numerous personal issues.
Sometimes issues or concerns at work or at home can affect your employees and lead to absence or presenteeism (when staff show up for work but they are not present). However, sympathetic, impartial support and advice may be all that’s needed.
Employees and their family members over the age of 16 can easily access our online resources covering a range of self-help topics. They can also arrange for a free 15-minute consultation for me to assess their needs and discuss their next steps.
As small businesses ourselves, we understand the needs of small businesses. We offer:
- A bespoke, confidential counselling EAP service for your employees and Workshops
- We provide our Counselling online which not only will be more convenient for your employees, it will keep costs down for you
- Pay-as-you-go model with no long-term contracts
- We offer counselling face to face or online using zoom
- You won’t have to wait long to see me as you often find with the NHS or Counselling Charities.
- I can invoice you monthly or for the total of the sessions when the sessions are completed
Most of all, we provide a personal service designed for your company’s individual needs, all of which a tax-deductible expenses.
There could be many issues that your employee is experiencing that they would need counselling for. Whether they have gone through a bereavement, break up of a marriage, losing their confidence, etc. We are here to help.
The counselling offered can be short-term (up to eight sessions) or Longer-term depending on the needs of you and your member of staff.
It costs just £45 per session for a single individual and £60 for couples. A 5% discount is available for block bookings of 7 sessions when paid in advance. All my sessions are for 50 minutes
- Improved self-esteem and self-confidence leading to better personal and professional relationships;
- Your employees could be struggling financially and can’t afford their own therapy sessions but knowing this could also reduce your tax bill will also be helpful
- Increased ability to understand their feelings and how to express them appropriately;
- Greater awareness of how to address stress, both within the individual and within the people they work with;
- More power to manage situations at work and home;
- Skills to help with relaxation and stress management.