The Benefits of Individual Therapy & how I can Help you
Individual therapy is one of the most popular methods of seeing a therapist about couples and group therapy. Individual therapy involves one client and a qualified therapist, such as myself working online or in some cases, face to face. Therapy with me would help you to meet your goals around difficulties such as mental health struggles, bereavement, addiction, relationship issues etc.
Benefits of Individual Therapy
There are many benefits to individual therapy, especially if you experienced or still experience toxic parents. It includes:
- Improving your communication skills
- Creating lasting relationships
- Learning healthy coping skills
- Understanding yourself more
- Receiving close attention from another human that hears and understands you
- helping you to overcome obstacles and traumas
- Improving your self-esteem
How can I benefit from Individual Therapy with you?
- You don’t need to wait untill you have reached rock bottom or have serious mental health issues to have therapy. In fact, most people in the western world would benefit from therapy simply due to how we live our lives in modern day.
- We don’t have the connection and support as we did historically so we find ourselves navigating the challenges our our childhood experiences ourselves.
- Therapy would help you understand the underlying causes behind some of the negative behaviour patterns in your life and create new patterns that work better for you.
- You don’t always need long-term therapy, even just a few short weeks can have a positive effect.
- It is not about blaming your parents here, it is more to do with understanding yourself more but a large proportion of that would have been to do with your upbringing.
To me, trauma in itself isn’t just about the things that happened, it is about the life you experienced that shaped who you are. It is also about the life that you are living now that can contribute to how you are feeling.
How I work
- Very often it is not just the one big obvious types of trauma that we know about, it is very much about how our families were. Most of us will cope with very difficult circumstances in life, if our families were supportive emotionally, spiritually, and physically.
- That is why a lot of emotional and relationship problems are linked to our experiences with our families as a child growing up. This could be anxiety, depression, anger, low self-esteem, and addictions.
- My family of origin work in therapy involves an exploration of the past. To give you an understanding of how the past might have impacted you.
- I will help you consider how your thoughts and beliefs impact your feelings and ultimately your behavior.
- Our early experiences shape what we say about ourselves, others, and the world. Our families shape our beliefs and our values, and very often we go through life and we don’t question them. Especially when they are not working for us.
- I will work with you to look through your experiences to help you understand why you are you. This is done gently at your pace in a way not to cause you any further trauma. At the same time, I will support you with tools to help you cope with your emotions.
- It is not a quick fix as you can imagine but you will be on the way to being the person you want to be.
My Fees for 1:1 Sessions
Individual Online Therapy Sessions – £45.00
Full Payment of Fees is required 48 hours before the session to confirm the booking of the session
For more details, read my Frequently Asked Section
Some Common Themes Covered in 1 to 1 Therapy Sessions Include:
Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (CPTSD)